Shire Pharmaceuticals Ireland is involved in the research, development and marketing of prescription medicines. Its particular focus is medicines for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, human genetic therapies and gastrointestinal diseases. It employs 119 people in Dublin and is part of Swiss company Shire AG. Shire made its biggest ever acquisition yet in January 2015 with a $5.2 billion deal for US biotechnology company NPS Pharmaceuticals. The move came a few months after the group's sale to rival AbbVie collapsed.
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
- €12.4 billion turnover
- 22,000 employees
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
- 9 more years available »
10th in Top Companies
- €12.4 billion
- Flemming Ornskov CEO/Managing Director
- 6:12pm European shares eke out weekly gains
- 5:43pm Has Greencore’s Coveney saved his job by unravelling his US strategy?
- 5:04pm INBS inquiry hearings delayed by Fingleton ill health
- 4:47pm Dundalk food company to close with 169 job losses
- 3:35pm DowDuPont to take $4.6 bn charge, shares fall