GP Wood Ltd
GP Wood (formerly known as Grainger Sawmills) was formed in April 2013 as a result of the merger of two of Irelands most successful and long established timber processing companies; the Grainger Group originally founded by William Grainger, based in Enniskeane, County Cork and the Palfab Group of Lissarda, founded by the O’Callaghan Family also based in County Cork. GP Wood is one of Ireland’s largest and most diversified timber processing operations. After the merger, GP Wood said it would invest €5 million in a range of initiatives including product enhancements. GP Wood’s original companies were both established in 1977. The group employs approximately 150 staff with a further 250 indirect employees in their forestry operations.
31st Dec 19 Source: CRO
- €45.6 million turnover
- 80 employees
31st Dec 18 Source: CRO
- 9 more years available »
725th in Top Companies
- €45.6 million
- Niall Grainger CEO/MD
- Jun 13 Covid lands blow on Katie Taylor’s commercial business
- Jun 13 Irish Life remains in the running to buy Davy
- Jun 12 Q&A: What we know about Stobart Air’s closure – and what it means for travellers
- Jun 12 Pandemic pay: Who got a bump in their salary last year?
- Jun 12 Stobart Air ceases trading, Aer Lingus regional flights on 12 routes cancelled