Staunton Sports is the company behind Elvery's sport stores. The Mayo-based company is unlimited, and is owned by the Staunton Family. Elverys Sports was established in 1847 and is the oldest sports store in Ireland. The company expanded hugely over the last decade, opening a number of retail sport stores, and currently runs the sports department in Arnotts. It also entered a partnership with nevada Bobs (Europe) Limited, running golf stores In March 2014 it was acquired by its management after it was placed into examinership in February 2014.
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
31st Dec 15 Source: Estimated
- €70 million turnover
- 650 employees
- 5 more years available »
550th in Top Companies
- €76.9 million
- Patrick Rowland CEO/Managing Director
- 6:12pm European shares eke out weekly gains
- 5:43pm Has Greencore’s Coveney saved his job by unravelling his US strategy?
- 5:04pm INBS inquiry hearings delayed by Fingleton ill health
- 4:47pm Dundalk food company to close with 169 job losses
- 3:35pm DowDuPont to take $4.6 bn charge, shares fall