Apple designs and creates iPods and iTunes, Mac laptops and desktop computers, the OS X operating system, and the iPhone. The company first established operations in Ireland in 1980. The company is based in Cork and currently employs over 5,000 people as a result of a 25% increase in workforce over 2015. CEO of Apple Tim Cook describes this office as their most diverse, with employees coming from more than 80 countries. It was announced in November 2015 that Apple would construct a new building at the Hollyhill site and would provide a further 1,000 jobs.
31st Dec 17 Source: Company
- €119.2 billion turnover
- 6,000 employees
31st Dec 16 Source: Estimated
- €8.5 billion turnover
- 5,000 employees
- 6 more years available »
1st in Top Companies
- €119.2 billion
- Cathy Kearney CEO/Managing Director
- 9:52am Brexit drives two more American financial service groups to Dublin
- 9:27am Q&A: What does the collapse of Thomas Cook mean?
- 8:14am Revenues soar by 66% at virtual reality company VR Education
- 7:39am Record numbers of UK lawyers register in Ireland
- 7:23am Thomas Cook collapses after knife-edge rescue talks fail