In 1994 United Pharmacists Co-Op merged with Allied Pharmaceutical Distributors (APD) to form the UniPhar Group. APD and UPC were both founded by pharmacists in 1972 and 1967 respectively. Today, the roots of the UniPhar Group remain in community pharmacy and ownership is still held by community pharmacists. The company employs about 500 people. The UniPhar Group has wholesale depots located in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Sligo. Cahill May Roberts Ltd. was acquired by Uniphar Plc. on May 14th 2013. Transition of both wholesale and pre-wholesale divisions into the Uniphar business has since been completed.
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
- 10 more years available »
70th in Top Companies
- €1.3 billion
- Ger Rabbette CEO/Managing Director
- 9:52am Brexit drives two more American financial service groups to Dublin
- 9:27am Q&A: What does the collapse of Thomas Cook mean?
- 8:14am Revenues soar by 66% at virtual reality company VR Education
- 7:39am Record numbers of UK lawyers register in Ireland
- 7:23am Thomas Cook collapses after knife-edge rescue talks fail