Three entered the Irish mobile phone and broadband market in 2005 and today is Ireland’s second largest mobile operator with two million customers (as of December 2015). It operates 2G, 3G and 4G networks and has to date invested nearly €2 billion in Ireland. It bought Telefónica Ireland, which operated the O2 brand, in a deal that completed in July 2014. Based in Dublin and Limerick, Three sponsors the Irish Soccer team, Waterford GAA and 3Arena music venue in Dublin. Three is 100% owned by CK Hutchison Holdings (CK Hutchison), a renowned multinational conglomerate committed to innovation and technology. Its diverse businesses range from some of the world's biggest port operators and retailers, to innovative telecommunications and data services. It employs approximately 270,000 people in over 50 countries worldwide. CK Hutchison is a leading global operator of mobile telecommunications and data services and a major owner and operator of fibre-optic fixed-line networks in Hong Kong.
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
- 7 more years available »
126th in Top Companies
- €602.9 million
- Robert Finnegan CEO/Managing Director
- 9:52am Brexit drives two more American financial service groups to Dublin
- 9:27am Q&A: What does the collapse of Thomas Cook mean?
- 8:14am Revenues soar by 66% at virtual reality company VR Education
- 7:39am Record numbers of UK lawyers register in Ireland
- 7:23am Thomas Cook collapses after knife-edge rescue talks fail