Sse Generation Ireland/Airtricity
SSE Generation Ireland Ltd., formerly known as Endesa Ireland Ltd., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SSE plc, a Top 50 FTSE-listed company that is the broadest based energy utility in the UK and Ireland. SSE plc acquired Endesa Ireland Ltd. in 2012. As a result of the Endesa acquisition SSE became the third largest energy generator by capacity in Ireland’s Single Electricity Market 1577MW of thermal and renewable generation in operation, including 509MW of wind energy generation. SSE Generation generates and sells wholesale electricity to the all-island Irish energy market. It employs 89 people and has over 800,000 energy supply customers in Ireland.
31st Mar 19 Source: CRO
31st Mar 18 Source: CRO
- 8 more years available »
355th in Top Companies
- €183.2 million
- Stephen Wheeler CEO/Managing Director
- 1:59pm Small business rescue scheme becomes law
- 12:38pm Irish mortgage customers paying more than twice euro zone average
- 12:37pm Booster shot neutralises Omicron, Pfizer and BioNTech say
- 12:28pm Q&A: Why did Amazon’s cloud services go down on Tuesday?
- 12:00pm Ryan Tubridy now has the second biggest weekday radio programme in Ireland