Sse Generation Ireland/Airtricity
SSE Generation Ireland Ltd., formerly known as Endesa Ireland Ltd., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SSE plc, a Top 50 FTSE-listed company that is the broadest based energy utility in the UK and Ireland. SSE plc acquired Endesa Ireland Ltd. in 2012. As a result of the Endesa acquisition SSE became the third largest energy generator by capacity in Ireland’s Single Electricity Market 1577MW of thermal and renewable generation in operation, including 509MW of wind energy generation. SSE Generation generates and sells wholesale electricity to the all-island Irish energy market. It employs 116 people and has over 800,000 energy supply customers in Ireland.
31st Mar 17 Source: CRO
31st Mar 16 Source: CRO
- 6 more years available »
316th in Top Companies
- €187.9 million
- Alistair Phillips-Davies CEO/Managing Director
- 6:12pm European shares eke out weekly gains
- 5:43pm Has Greencore’s Coveney saved his job by unravelling his US strategy?
- 5:04pm INBS inquiry hearings delayed by Fingleton ill health
- 4:47pm Dundalk food company to close with 169 job losses
- 3:35pm DowDuPont to take $4.6 bn charge, shares fall