Founded in Cork in the 1870s by Thomas and Stuart Musgrave, Musgrave is one of Ireland's oldest privately-owned companies. It is still controlled by members of the Musgrave family. The owner of the Supervalu, Centra and Daybreak franchise chains, it acquired Superquinn in 2011 after the rival supermarket entered examinership. In other acquisitions, it purchased La Rousse Foods from Aryzta in 2017 and, in 2018, bought upmarket food retailer Donnybrook Fair in a deal thought to be worth up to €25m. It also owns the Frank & Honest and Chipmongers brands, and has a significant wholesale business. It also has operations in Spain, where it owns the Dialprix grocery brand and Dialsur wholesale business.
29th Dec 18 Source: CRO
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
- 11 more years available »
33rd in Top Companies
- €3.9 billion
- Chris Martin CEO/Managing Director
- 8:45am European stocks set for fourth weekly gain but vaccine worries weigh
- 8:12am Germany to double net borrowing for 2021 to fight Covid
- 6:20am AIB’s mortgages sale, Brexit warnings and wherefore Ulster Bank?
- 5:01am AIB revives €1bn-plus problem mortgages sale
- 4:52am Version 1 directors share €16.5m dividend as revenues rise