JTI Ireland is part of Japan Tobacco International (JTI), the international tobacco business of Japan Tobacco and the world's third largest industry player. Its history in Ireland dates back to 1857, when Tom Gallaher set up an Irish roll tobacco company in Derry. Forty years later Gallaher established offices, as well as a factory, in Dublin. Following a period of restructuring that began with the acquisition of the Gallaher Group by JTI, the Irish operations have been trading as JTI Ireland since 2009. JTI Ireland now has more than 100 permanent employees nationwide.
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
- 10 more years available »
111th in Top Companies
- €702.8 million
- John Freda General Manager
- 8:14am Revenues soar by 66% at virtual reality company VR Education
- 7:39am Record numbers of UK lawyers register in Ireland
- 7:23am Thomas Cook collapses after knife-edge rescue talks fail
- 6:57am Thomas Cook collapses: What next and why?
- 6:40am KBC in tracker snare; boom time for art; and commuter belt property sales