The RUSAL-owned Aughinish Alumina located near Foynes in Limerick is the Republic’s biggest manufacturing site. RUSAL group is the world’s biggest producer of aluminium, employing over 74,000 people worldwide. Its Irish facility is the largest alumina refinery in Europe with 450 employees and the capacity to produce up to two million tonnes of alumina a year. RUSAL was founded in 2000 following its merger with SUAL and the alumina assets of Glencore. In September 2014, the Aughinish Alumina plant in Co Limerick recorded a pretax profit of $15.6 million (€12.2 million) in 2013 following the closure of its defined benefit pension scheme, according to accounts filed at the Companies Office.
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
31st Dec 16 Source: CRO
- 6 more years available »
699th in Top Companies
- €47.8 million
- Damien Clancy Chairman
- 6:14pm Louis Walsh shares increased €335,000 pay for firm’s directors
- 6:13pm European shares end lower in choppy session
- 4:31pm What will Apple's new smartphones look like?
- 3:27pm Sterling rises on optimistic Merkel comments
- 3:12pm Sectors dominated by multinationals growing at faster rate than others - CSO