Alcon manufactures intraocular lenses, which replace the natural lens removed during cataract surgery. It is the second largest division of Swiss group Novartis. Alcon operates in more than 75 countries, serving 180 markets and employing more than 24,000 people. The Cork centre manufactures AcrySof® intraocular lenses, the most frequently implanted lenses worldwide. Technologies and processes featured at the Cork site include mould-tool manufacturing, monomer formulation, casting, curing/polymerization, high precision optical measurement and packaging. Approximately 400 employees work at the site.
31st Dec 18 Source: CRO
31st Dec 17 Source: CRO
- 5 more years available »
647th in Top Companies
- €58.7 million
- Jackie Murphy Country Manager
- 7:18am Climate group ActionZero opens new facility in Tralee
- 6:40am ‘No silver bullet’ for credit unions and is there a dip in house prices coming?
- 6:29am Ryanair loses €355m in 12 months to March 31st
- 5:45am Credit union law plans ‘no silver bullet’, says Minister
- 5:35am Grid Finance secures €100m from UK-based Fasanara to grow SME lending